top of page

Responsible Campers (LNT)

Public·110 members

The logo you create has to resonate with your target audience while being versatile enough to look great whether it’s on a business card, website, or even a large banner. One thing I always recommend is focusing on simplicity, which is why monograms or wordmarks are often a good place to start. Monograms, like NASA’s logo, use just the first letters of a company name, making them clear and easy to remember. But color also plays a critical role. While there are no strict rules about which color to choose, the palette should align with the emotional response you want to elicit from your audience. I found a great guide on logo design that talks about how to create a versatile logo that works well across different media, and you can check it out here: https://viralhax.com/tips-for-creating-a-versatile-logo-online-that-works-across-different-media/. It emphasizes the importance of designing a logo that looks good everywhere, no matter the platform or size. Flexibility is key!

I completely agree with both of you. Versatility is crucial, and simplicity often makes a logo more adaptable and timeless. While monograms and wordmarks are popular because they’re straightforward, you can also explore graphic symbols. Take Apple or Target, for instance—both use icons that don't necessarily describe what the company does but have become instantly recognizable. The challenge with graphic logos is to stylize an object in a way that’s unique to your brand while keeping it simple. That’s where trends can sometimes influence your design, but you have to be careful. Things like gradients or glitch effects are trendy now, but they may not age well. Gradients, for example, look great on modern platforms, but a timeless logo, like Windows' simple squares, tends to last longer because it focuses on the core truth of the brand rather than following the latest fads. So, yes—freedom in design is important, but always remember to stay grounded in the essence of your brand. Less can definitely be more!

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Home
bottom of page